25 September 2015: The Royal College of Physicians is looking for a talented and proactive policy and communications officer to drive the policy work and media profile of the Alcohol Health Alliance (AHA).
This role offers a rare opportunity to work with high-profile partners and internationally-renowned experts to influence public health policy at the highest levels. As policy and communications officer, you will coordinate the policy and communications activity of the AHA.
You will work closely with the deputy head of strategy and policy, the AHA chair, and the AHA policy and advocacy manager to:
- work with AHA members to define policy positions on a range of alcohol policy issues
- coordinate press and media activity to promote the work of the AHA
- manage alcohol policy projects
- maintain regular communications and engagement with AHA members and external stakeholders
- plan and oversee AHA meetings and events
- coordinate the day-to-day operations of the AHA.
The successful candidate will be based at the Royal College of Physicians in London. The closing date for applications is 19 October with interviews taking place on 28 October. More information is available here. For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Kate Eisenstein, senior policy adviser at the Royal College of Physicians, via firstname.lastname@example.org.