The Alcohol Health Alliance, Obesity Health Alliance and Action on Smoking and Health are committed to ending the harms from the sale and consumption of tobacco, alcohol and unhealthy food and drink which:
- harm us all, but especially children and the most vulnerable,
- have a wide impact on society that action only at the level of the individual will not address,
- place disproportionate burden on the NHS,
- cause significant inequalities in both physical and mental health, and
- are driven by the behaviour of industries who profit from them.
This report from the three alliances calls for a coherent and strategic approach to rebalancing the profit-making powers of industries with the rights of people to live free, healthy and productive lives.